Sunday 15 May 2011

Hello! Welcome to theory del moda.
This blog is basically my play station for pin pointing trends on the rise through images I have compiled from fashion, graphics, art, advertising… basically anything in popular culture.
No real mission statement as yet but I hope my little assortment of images will inspire you as much as me. 
So to start us off:
Kaleidoscopes and The Art of Symmetry
Symmetry, it seems to be everywhere in design right now. Almost every album cover, event poster, Josh Goot print, or design line in Dion Lee’s dresses seem to have cottoned on to the beauty of symmetry. While I am a little late to jump on the wave of this design trend (its definitely reached it's 'tipping point') I still find its rise to fame intriuging. 


First seen (in recent pop culture) in fashion prints for Alexander McQueen's Armadillo collection, it has since filtered its way down under. The sydney design set in particular have embraced the trend whole heartedly, seen in prints from Josh Goot and Something Else. One of my favorites is Jonathan Zawada's website for Tina Kavalis. You can click on the link below to check it out.

Inspired myself, I took a few images from my recent trip to New York and turned them into Kaleidoscope like prints. They still need a bit of finessing but its a good start....




No comments:

Post a Comment